Fedora 13 - Ready to roll
May 19, 2010, 01:33 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Alastair Otter)
"Automatic driver installations, better mobile broadband and the
end of PowerPC support can be expected from Fedora 13.
"Fedora Linux, the community release of Red Hat, is putting the
final touches to its latest release, Fedora 13. Codenamed
"Goddard", Fedora 13 has a number of features that will please end
users as well as systems administrators. Fedora 13 also ends the
relationship with PowerPC processors and now backs the KVM
"For desktop users there are a number of key additions in Fedora
13. Chief among these are the automatic print driver installations.
Although there have long been print drivers available for Linux for
a wide range of hardware, it has typically been difficult for
inexperienced users to install these. Fedora 13 will now
automatically offer to install appropriate drivers when a new
printer is plugged in."
- Streamlining Software Installation with PackageKit(May 18, 2010)
- Fedora 13 gives off plain vibe, but offers power and stability under the hood(May 13, 2010)
- Fedora 13 Linux Release Slips By A Week(May 13, 2010)
- Learn Linux, 101: RPM and YUM package management(May 12, 2010)
- Fedora Dropping Official PowerPC Support(May 11, 2010)
- Fedora, Mozilla, and trademarks(May 09, 2010)