GNOME Commander - Nice and fast file manager for the GNOME desktop
Jun 04, 2010, 12:47 (0 Talkback[s])
[ Thanks to dave for
this link. ]
"GNOME Commander is a free two pane file manager in the
tradition of Norton and Midnight Commander, it is built on the
GTK-toolkit and GnomeVFS. GNOME Commander aims to fulfill the
demands of more advanced users who like to focus on file
management, their work through special applications and running
smart commands. This program is not aimed at users wanting the
weather forecast in a sidebar in their file manager.
* GTK-2 GUI with standard mouse interactions.
* GNOME mime types (MIME-Type management under development).
* FTP using GnomeVFS ftp module.
* SAMBA access.
* Right click mouse menu with the usual file operations to run,
open, open with.., delete or rename files and folders, and also to
set properties like ownership and permissions.
* Mouse context menu that easily can be extended by entries calling
any kind of external application like viewers, editors or custom
scripts to work on selected files or directories."