Lenovo to launch Android tablet by year's end
Jul 21, 2010, 03:09 (3 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Lance Whitney)
"Lenovo is launching its own tablet to debut in China by the end
of this year.
"Dubbed "LePad," the tablet will run Google's Android operating
system, according to comments made by Liu Jun, senior vice
president for Lenovo Group, as reported by TradingMarkets.com and
other sources. Details are few so far, and there's no word from
Lenovo or other sources on whether the tablet will venture abroad
after its initial debut in China.
"Tablets launched in the U.S. and many other countries face
competition from Apple's popular iPad. But China is one country
where so far the iPad is a no-show. Earlier this month, Lenovo
Chairman Liu Chuanzhi said that Apple CEO Steve Jobs is missing out
on a big opportunity by not selling its tablet in China."
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Q110 review(Mar 09, 2010)
- Red Hat, Lenovo Partner On Linux Server Discounts(Feb 16, 2010)
- Lenovo spins Snapdragon Android phone(Jan 11, 2010)
- Netbook Speculation: Lenovo, Dell, HP... And Linux(Jan 06, 2010)
- CES: Lenovo unveils hybrid tablet laptop with 'two brains'(Jan 06, 2010)
- Lenovo shows off Skylight(Jan 05, 2010)
- AMD marks entry into Lenovo ThinkPads(Jan 04, 2010)