Mobile Tools: Android Vs. iPhone for Small Business
Jul 26, 2010, 20:07 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier)
WEBINAR: On-demand Event
Replace Oracle with the NoSQL Engagement Database: Why and how leading companies are making the switch REGISTER >
"Choosing a good mobile smartphone is crucial for many small
businesses. The right smartphone can make all the difference
between being productive on the road and being ineffective away
from the office. Small business owners looking to choose a mobile
smartphone for themselves, or their workers, should think strongly
about passing up the iPhone for an Android.
"Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is a fine smartphone. I own one,
and I've been using it since the first generation phones came out.
Its interface is fantastic, you'll find tons of applications for
it, and it tends to be a really good device.
"As a consumer device, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend an
iPhone (or Android phone) to a friend or family member. The two
platforms are largely matched on features and application
availability at this point. But the iPhone has several strikes
against it as a business device that should give you pause, and
have caused me to start looking at Android."
The Sad State of Open Source in Android tablets(Jul 26, 2010)
- Droid X rooted, bootloader still locked(Jul 24, 2010)
- Android may have the phones, but MeeGo may get the cars(Jul 22, 2010)
- The Android Mobile Development Platform: A Reference Guide(Jul 22, 2010)
- Google cracks open Android's closed development(Jul 22, 2010)
- Weekly Ten: Nice Droid X, Android Army to Conquer, 10 Craziest Scientific Theories(Jul 21, 2010)
- Firefox Comes 'Home' to the iPhone(Jul 19, 2010)