35 Dollar Indian Pad? Go Indians, Go!
Jul 29, 2010, 20:36 (0 Talkback[s])
"By now you probably have heard about the "pad" computer
designed in India that is being touted as costing thirty-five U.S.
Dollars to manufacture. While there is very little in the way of
technical details about it, some information has been published
that says it consists of:
* An ARM9 Architecture Processor from Freescale (I.MX233): 5
* Memory: 3 USD
* WiFi b/g: 4 USD
* Other "discrete" components: 3 USD
* Battery: 5 USD
* 7" 800x480 resistive touch screen: 15 USD
"for a total bill of materials: 35 USD, and rumors that in the
future this will drop to 20 USD and even 10 USD."
- Weekly Ten: Microsoft's New Slogan: Hey, It Could Be Worse, $200 Linux PC, Cloud Cracks WPA(Jul 29, 2010)
- Linux spreading, but Windows Server still rules in India(Jul 12, 2010)
- Donate Your Old Hardware(Mar 16, 2010)
- Dealing with gifted kids: a geek's tale(Feb 12, 2010)
- From India with code(Jan 21, 2010)
- Court orders three H-1B sites disabled(Dec 29, 2009)