Update: Oracle sues Google over Java use in Android
Aug 13, 2010, 17:06 (22 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by James Niccolai)
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
"Oracle has filed a lawsuit against Google, charging that its
Android phone software infringes Oracle patents and copyrights
related to Java, Oracle said Thursday.
""In developing Android, Google knowingly, directly and
repeatedly infringed Oracle's Java-related intellectual property.
This lawsuit seeks appropriate remedies for their infringement,"
Oracle spokeswoman Karen Tillman said in a statement.
"The suit was filed Thursday in U.S. District Court in San
Francisco and seeks a jury trial."
- Should OpenSolaris Die?(Aug 11, 2010)
- Oracle Loves Linux, Has Advice for Improvements(Aug 10, 2010)
- The Corporation has gone Open Source
(Aug 07, 2010)
- Open Source Software Comes to a Fork in the Code(Aug 05, 2010)
- OpenSolaris' child, Illumos, goes forward without Oracle(Aug 04, 2010)
- Oracle shuts down open source test servers(Jul 29, 2010)
- Is Oracle trying to kill VirtualBox?(Jul 28, 2010)