Red Hat heads into the clouds, not into an acquisition
Aug 26, 2010, 12:35 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols)
[ Thanks to sjvn for this
"Get over it people. Red Hat is not getting acquired
anytime soon. I know, I know, you'd heard all the rumors. Here's
the truth as I see it: If Red Hat gets acquired anytime soon, I'll
eat my fedora. It's not happening.
"What is happening, as Paul Cormier, EVP of Red Hat, announced
this morning is that Red Hat spelled out more about its cloud
strategy. Sorry, I know that's not a tenth as exciting as an
acquisition, but it's just not in the works right now.
"What is in the works is that Red Hat has spelled out more about
its Red Hat Cloud Foundations. Red Hat's plan is to provide
companies with an infrastructure "capable of delivering an open
source, flexible cloud stack, incorporating operating system,
middleware and virtualization."
- Red Hat: SAP Acquiring Linux Leader?(Aug 24, 2010)
- Is 10 years of RHEL support still sufficient ?(Aug 23, 2010)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Hits Beta 2, Targeting Year End Release(Jul 01, 2010)
- Open Source is Inherently More Secure, Says Red Hat(Jul 01, 2010)
- Let's Lift the Red Hat and Look Inside(Jun 25, 2010)
- Red Hat's Fortunes Rising With New Linux, Middleware Wins(Jun 24, 2010)
- Red Hat cracks Bloomberg Businessweek ‘Top 50’ list(Jun 23, 2010)