Listen to Text and Instant Messages with Gespeaker 'Text To Speech' Utility
Sep 27, 2010, 14:04 (1 Talkback[s])
[ Thanks to Dart for
this link. ]
"Gespeaker 'Text to Speech' utility is a GTK+ frontend
for Espeak , that allows you to listen to text in many different
languages. The utility also allows you to listen received messages
from Empathy and others instant messengers.
"The features include:
* Support for many languages
* Settings for voice, pitch, volume, speed and word gap
* The text played can be recorded to WAV file
* Works well with Gnome, XFCE, LXDE environments
* Plugins for aMSN, Kopete, Emesene, Pidgin, Empathy messenger
* Eight male voice and five female voice variants
"How to use it:"