Study: Microsoft has 'fallen off the mainstream media�s radar'
Sep 29, 2010, 09:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Todd Bishop)
"There are some interesting findings and conclusions in
this Pew Research Center report today, When Technology Makes
Headlines, examining coverage of tech issues and companies in a
variety of mainstream media outlets. Among them: The press doesn't
care about Microsoft very much anymore.
"In the publications studied by the organization from June 2009
through June 2010, 15 percent of the stories focused primarily on
Apple, 11 percent on Google, 7 percent on Twitter and 5 percent on
Facebook. Microsoft's total: 3 percent."
- Patent troll or not, Paul Allen finds a friend in Steve Wozniak(Sep 01, 2010)
- Google, under antitrust scrutiny, points its finger at Microsoft(Feb 26, 2010)
- Microsoft, Amazon strike patent deal covering Kindle and Linux(Feb 23, 2010)
- Microsoft Names Miguel de Icaza one of its Most Valuable Professionals(Jan 16, 2010)
- Microsoft wins 'emotiflag' patent, despite Lotus Notes precedent(Jul 27, 2009)
- NASA embraces Microsoft format -- but adds an open-source twist(May 28, 2009)