Meet Open Source Server Messaging Needs With GroupServer
Oct 11, 2010, 23:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Juliet Kemp)
"GroupServer is an open-source (GPL) mailing-list manager that
doubles as a forum/bulletin board. Email posts are mirrored on the
web, and vice versa -- in other words, it's more than an
"It's a neat idea, and you can check out the user interface via
OnlineGroups.Net, which provides free public GroupServer groups.
Setting up and using a group was easy, and the server software is
fast. It also does clever things like hiding included text at the
end of an email (you can click to unhide). One security criticism:
My password was shown in plaintext when I first set it.
"You can also download and run the software yourself. According
to the web site, it runs on CentOS and Ubuntu; unfortunately, I
encountered problems with Zope versions and apparently blocked web
sites when installing on Ubuntu."
- 4 Archiving Tools for Linux Server Admins(Oct 11, 2010)
- Getting Started With Apache Tomcat 7(Oct 08, 2010)
- Byobu: Like Screen, but Better(Oct 05, 2010)
- Open Source Software Shortcut -- Escaping SSH With '~'(Sep 28, 2010)
- PuTTY in Your Hands: Open Source Software Mail Solutions(Sep 21, 2010)
- Getting Started With FreeBSD 8.1(Sep 16, 2010)
- A Roundup of Geeky, Useful, and Fun Android Apps
(Sep 14, 2010)