A Very Chrome-y Christmas
Dec 22, 2010, 22:17 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jason Perlow)
[ Thanks to Jason
Perlow for this link. ]
"The Cr-48 and Google's Chrome OS makes a great light
vacationing computer. But can it and will it replace tens of
millions of PCs? I think the answer is yes.
"As I type this, I'm sitting on the balcony of my vacation
timeshare in Florida overlooking the Gulf of Mexico.
"I considered leaving all of my primary computing devices home
this Christmas vacation, and seeing if I could "Rough it" with just
our Android-based smartphones.
"Instead, I decided I would compromise — this vacation, I
left my prized iPad and my work laptop PC home, and brought along
two unproven traveling companions — a Google Cr-48 Chrome
OS-powered notebook and another device which I'll discuss in a
- Google Chrome Ready For Business(Dec 17, 2010)
- Can Android do Serious Linux Work, or is it Just a Toy?(Dec 16, 2010)
- Google Makes Chrome Browser More Enterprise Friendly(Dec 16, 2010)
- Living in the Cloud: A JoliCloud Chrome Experiment(Dec 15, 2010)
- Google's ChromeOS means losing control of data, warns GNU founder Richard Stallman(Dec 15, 2010)
- Chrome Browser, OS Updated for Security(Dec 14, 2010)
- Chrome OS: Please Don�t Open the Hood(Dec 14, 2010)