Webopedia Term of the Day: What is a Linux server?
Apr 11, 2011, 06:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Webopedia)
WEBINAR: On-demand Event
Replace Oracle with the NoSQL Engagement Database: Why and how leading companies are making the switch REGISTER >
"A Linux server is a high-powered variant of the Linux open
source operating system that's designed to handle the more
demanding needs of business applications such as network and system
administration, database management and Web services.
"Linux servers are frequently selected over other server
operating systems for their stability, security and flexibility
advantages. Leading Linux server operating systems include CentOS,
Debian, Ubuntu Server, Slackware and Gentoo.
"See Linux and operating system terms in Webopedia, and learn
more about Open Source in Webopedia's 'Did You Know...?"
- Webopedia Term of The Day: Linux on Windows(Apr 04, 2011)
- Webopedia Term of The Day: Linux boot(Mar 28, 2011)
- Webopedia Term of the Day: auto correct fail(Jan 25, 2011)
- Webopedia Term of the Day: Ubuntu Certified Professional(Jan 21, 2011)
- Webopedia Term of the Day: IPng - IPv6(Jan 19, 2011)
- Webopedia Term of the Day: Android fragmentation
(Jan 04, 2011)
- Webopedia term of the day: Recursive acronym(Jul 06, 2010)
- Webopedia Term of the Day: Open Architecture Defined(Jun 18, 2010)
- Webopedia TOTD: What is Cloud Computing, Anyway?(Jun 17, 2010)
- Webopedia Term of the Day: What Does Fork Mean?(Jun 16, 2010)
- Webopedia Term of the Day: What is Cupcake?(Jun 15, 2010)