Universe studying Linux supercomputer powered up
Apr 15, 2011, 12:08 (0 Talkback[s])
"The University of Portsmouth has deployed what is being branded
as a "cost effective" high performance computer (HPC) to analyse
data from telescopes around the world, and simulate and test
current theories about the universe.
"The Dell-based computer will enable the University's scientists
to analyse the very large volumes of data needed for their research
much faster than conventional systems."
- VMware Launches Open Source Cloud Foundry(Apr 13, 2011)
- 10,000-core Linux supercomputer built in Amazon cloud(Apr 07, 2011)
- NVIDIA To Push Into Supercomputing(Mar 09, 2011)
- Still Think Linux Is Just for Start-Ups?(Feb 24, 2011)
- IBM's Watson Takes One Small Step for a Computer(Feb 16, 2011)
- Is Parallel Programming Hard, And, If So, What Can You Do About It?(Jan 24, 2011)
- U.S. Air Force Creates Powerful Supercomputer Out Of PS3s(Dec 06, 2010)