18 of the Best Free Up-and-Coming Linux Games (Part 1 of 3)
May 09, 2011, 10:11 (0 Talkback[s])
[ Thanks to LinuxLinks for this link.
"Computer games grow larger, more sophisticated and increasingly
complex. Traditional blockbusters continue to dominate the
commercial gaming market. However, for many people who have time
and budget constraints, small open source computer games can offer
an attractive alternative.
"The purpose of this article is to focus on open source games
that are currently in an early stage of development. Many of them
receive little or no prominence in the computing press. Whilst the
games have great potential for improvement, all are highly playable
and great fun. A few of the games are not being actively developed,
but they represent an excellent base for budding programmers to
wield their talents, or for creatively minded individuals to
produce new levels and visuals."
- When will Linux games become more mainstream?(Apr 29, 2011)
- Vertigo: New Free and Opensource Arcade Game for Linux Based on Ogre 3D Engine(Apr 27, 2011)
- Addictive Game 'Family Farm' for Linux Coming Soon to Ubuntu Software Center(Apr 25, 2011)
- Open source gaming - or things I do when I should be working(Apr 25, 2011)
- After Sintel Movie, Now a Sintel Game is in Development(Mar 27, 2011)
- Spiral Knights, New Game Coming to Linux this April(Mar 25, 2011)
- CrossOver Games 10.1.0 has been released(Mar 24, 2011)
- John Carmack finally prefers DirectX to OpenGL(Mar 13, 2011)