RIP Eucalyptus. Ubuntu Standardizes on OpenStack
May 12, 2011, 09:02 (0 Talkback[s])
How You Can Improve Your Machine Learning with Spark REGISTER >
"Ubuntu is moving away from the open source Eucalyptus platform
in favor of OpenStack.
"I'm not surprised.
"OpenStack is now only a tech preview in Natty 11.04, but the
massive momentum behind OpenStack is undeniable. OpenStack has a
large ecosystem of over 50 contributing members including NASA,
Rackspace, Dell, Cisco, Brocade and Canonical In its short life -
the project is less than a year old - OpenStack has become a new
Eclipse, an open working group for an open cloud.
"Then there is Eucalyptus. Single vendor (hello Marten Mickos!)
and with a narrow ecosystem of contributions.
- Ubuntu Dumps Eucalyptus for OpenStack Cloud(May 11, 2011)
- Convirture and Eucalyptus Systems to partner on open-source, cloud management(Feb 03, 2011)
- Red Hat buddies up with Eucalyptus on private clouds(Dec 19, 2010)
- GroundWork, Eucalyptus Team Up on Open Source Cloud Management(Apr 08, 2010)
- Eucalyptus CTO Discusses Open Source Clouds(Sep 14, 2009)
- Eucalyptus Supports VMware Hypervisor(Sep 10, 2009)
- Open Source Eucalyptus Cloud Goes Commercial(Apr 30, 2009)
- Eucalyptus: the unsung hero of Open Source?(Mar 02, 2009)