CNET News.com: Can Inprise perform as a soloist?
May 23, 2000, 22:43 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Wylie Wong)
"Now that it has called off its marriage with Corel, some
analysts are questioning whether Inprise can survive on its own.
Software maker Corel and software development toolmaker Inprise
ended a planned billion-dollar merger last week, throwing into
question the future of both struggling firms."
"Inprise "can't survive as an independent business,"
said John Rymer, president of Upstream Consulting. "They need
to find another home. Unfortunately, they may be viewed as damaged
goods at this point."
"Inprise has struggled in the past several years as the software
development tools market has consolidated and profits have
decreased. Bigger firms, such as Microsoft, Sun Microsystems and
IBM view tools as an important piece of their strategy, but not
necessarily a big money maker."
- CNET News.com: [Gartner] Commentary: Inprise/Borland looking for better fit than Corel(May 23, 2000)
- Canada Computes: Still friends? Life after the Inprise-Corel split(May 19, 2000)
- Linux Journal: No Merger: Corel and Borland/Inprise call it off(May 18, 2000)
- Inter@ctive Investor: Investors cheer Inprise-Corel breakup(May 16, 2000)
- PC Week: Inprise second-guesses Corel merger(Apr 29, 2000)
- InfoWorld: Inprise seeks advice on Corel merger terms(Apr 28, 2000)
- The Register: Inprise to investigate 'fairness' of Corel takeover(Apr 28, 2000)
- CNET News.com: Inprise has Corel offer evaluated for "fairness"(Apr 28, 2000)
- PRNewswire: Troll Tech and Inprise/Borland Collaborate on Linux GUI(Apr 27, 2000)
- PRNewswire: Bank of America Chooses Inprise/Borland Application Server For E-Business Platform(Apr 27, 2000)
- BW: Inprise/Borland and Hitachi Strengthen Co-Development Relationship...(Apr 11, 2000)
- PRNewswire: Inprise/Borland's Kylix Project Builds Strong Third Party Network for Linux(Mar 24, 2000)
- PRNewswire: Inprise/Borland Opens Public Field Test of InterBase 6.0 for Linux, Windows And Solaris(Mar 24, 2000)
- CRN: Inprise/Borland Updates Java Tool with Linux, Solaris Support(Mar 15, 2000)
- Interbase.com: Inprise Offers InterBase 6.0 - Linux for Public Field Test(Mar 10, 2000)
- Borland.com (Inprise): Is Linux Ready for Delphi?(Mar 10, 2000)
- PC Week: Inprise's InterBase spin-off goes open-source route(Feb 18, 2000)