CBSMarketWatch: Red Hat rises on possible 3-way Microsoft break
May 26, 2000, 00:38 (0 Talkback[s])
"Shares of Red Hat rose 6 percent Thursday on the heels of a
possible breakup of Microsoft into three companies, while the
software giant's stock dropped."
"Shares of Durham, N.C.-based Red Hat rose by 1 to 16 3/4.
Other Linux players are up as well: VA Linux Systems
(LNUX: news, msgs) rose 1 7/8, or 4.5 percent, to 43 3/8.
Corel (CORL: news, msgs) rose 3/32, or 2.5 percent, to 3
27/32. Meanwhile, Microsoft dipped 4 1/16, or 6 percent,
to 61 1/2."
Complete Story [ Site displays pop-up ads. ]
- NY Times: For Now, Microsoft Can't Save Itself [Stock Price](May 02, 2000)
- TechWeb: Microsoft Fallout Spurs Early Linux [Stock] Bounce(May 01, 2000)
- CNET News.com: Antitrust case beats down Microsoft shares(Apr 29, 2000)
- CBSMarketWatch: Goldman cuts Microsoft sales outlook(Apr 12, 2000)
- Business Week: The Real Threats to Microsoft Are in the Marketplace(Apr 04, 2000)
- ZDNet: Berst Alert: Biggest Business Blunder Ever? Why MS Shareholders Should Hate Bill Gates(Apr 04, 2000)
- CNET News.com: Microsoft shares slide in anticipation of ruling(Apr 03, 2000)
- The Register: Is MS heading for a share price meltdown?(Mar 07, 2000)
- ComputerWorld: Are companies banking too much on stock prices?(Jan 03, 2000)
- CNET News.com: Microsoft stock drops on antitrust findings(Nov 08, 1999)