ZDNet: Berst Alert: Transmeta: the Chip on Intel's Shoulder
Nov 08, 2000, 23:48 (6 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jesse Berst)
"I was at an insider event recently to hear software bigwigs
bluff and bluster about their products."
"As I was checking out the bacon-wrapped scallops, I heard Intel
CEO Craig Barrett dismissing chip upstart and rival Transmeta."
"That's when I first realized that Transmeta might be in real
trouble. Intel is a famously paranoid company. If they're not
taking Transmeta seriously, then the young chip maker could indeed
"Then more bad news surfaced this week about Transmeta on the
eve of its initial public offering. Let's take a closer look at
Transmeta and the news around it, then I'll tell you why we'll all
benefit from a lively Transmeta."
- AllLinuxDevices: Transmeta shares soar despite Crusoe doubts
(Nov 08, 2000)
- The Register: Transmeta helping out AMD, MS with Sledgehammer coding?
(Nov 08, 2000)
- AllLinuxDevices: Transmeta's Crusoe not ready for mainstream - Gartner
(Nov 07, 2000)
- The Register: Intel claimed to have squeezed IBM to dump Transmeta(Nov 02, 2000)
- The Standard: Transmeta? You Betcha'!(Oct 28, 2000)
- The Register: Transmeta signs IPO organisers(Jul 19, 2000)
- The Register: Transmeta not x86 compatible - Intel(Jul 13, 2000)
- TechWeb: Intel To Take Aim At Transmeta's Crusoe(Jun 16, 2000)
- VNU Net: Transmeta-based notebooks to challenge Intel(Jun 08, 2000)
- IT-Director: Transmeta 1, Intel 0(Jun 07, 2000)
- The Register: Intel's mobile underbelly targeted by Transmeta(Apr 25, 2000)
- VNU Net: Transmeta's Crusoe chip: survivor or castaway?(Mar 23, 2000)
- TechWeb: Transmeta Tops Intel Mobile CPU Speed(Jan 19, 2000)
- ZDNET UK: Transmeta chip could knock Intel off its perch(Jan 14, 2000)
- IT-Director: Torvalds, Transmeta and the Intel Killer?(Nov 17, 1999)