How to Not Get an IT Job: 10 Tips
Sep 17, 2008, 22:31 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by James Maguire)
"4) Project a sense of the lone individual.
"IT staffers are famously perceived as techie geeks whose heads
are buried in arcane tech knowledge. The stereotype says they have
compensated for lack of social skills by becoming experts in an
absurdly complex area. Consequently, they’re glint-eyed
loners who know only how to twist the dials."
- The Road to Geekdom(Sep 16, 2008)
- IT Workers Hit Hardest by Offshore Outsourcing, Survey Finds(Aug 29, 2008)
- Open Source: The Key to a Software Meritocracy(Aug 22, 2008)
- Five Things Linus Torvalds Has Learned About Managing Software Projects(Aug 05, 2008)
- Money, Money, Money... and FOSS(Feb 01, 2008)
- For Linux Admins, Career Options Remain Plentiful(Nov 14, 2007)
- Recruiting Software Talent(Nov 08, 2007)