Where are all the Virtual Desktops?
Oct 22, 2008, 17:01 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jeff Vance)
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
"The benefits of virtual desktops are pretty straightforward. IT
gains control and efficiency, and even maintains better security,
since patches and software updates are centralized -- meaning IT
can be confident that they've been done.
"Meanwhile, device costs can be trimmed way back, with virtual
desktops being pushed out to repurposed, legacy PCs or inexpensive
thin clients. Why, then, are there few real-world examples of
virtualized desktop infrastructures?"
- Profit Pops at Red Hat But KVM Payoff Will Wait(Sep 25, 2008)
- Microsoft, It's Time to Consummate the Marriage With Citrix Already(Sep 15, 2008)
- Red Hat's Data Center Desktop(Sep 11, 2008)
- Red Hat Bets on Startup to Shake Up Virtualization(Sep 04, 2008)
- Commercial KVM-Based Virtual Desktop Program Arrives(Apr 30, 2008)
- Kernel as Hypervisor: Andrea Arcangeli(Mar 26, 2008)
- Motorola, Qumranet Closer To Shipping Mobile, Virtual Linux Products(Aug 10, 2007)
- Phoronix: Linux KVM Virtualization Performance(Jan 09, 2007)