IBM expects Linux to make money
Jun 12, 2009, 14:02 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Dana Blankenhorn)
"Sutor's latest promotion gave him not only corporate
responsibility for Linux but profit responsibility also.
""If it's IBM software, and if it runs on Linux, I care about
it, and from a software company perspective, we want to sell more
of it," he told Zemlin, and much of the discussion involved IBM's
search for Linux profits.
"Sutor described Linux as a secret sauce that lets it sell
complete systems which may include Tivoli management, Rational
tools, Websphere web servers, and IBM hardware. He said IBM
currently has over 500 software products running on Linux and over
30,000 Linux desktops.
- Open Voices Interview with Bob Sutor, IBM(Jun 11, 2009)
Report Recommends How to Switch to Linux(May 22, 2009)
- IBM VP: Office OpenXML a Dead End, Microsoft Will Back ODF(Aug 14, 2008)
- IBM To Linux Desktop Developers: 'Stop Copying Windows'(Aug 07, 2008)
- While You're Waiting, Don't Save in OOXML Format(Jan 24, 2008)
- The LXer Interview: Bob Sutor of IBM(Aug 21, 2007)
- IBM Promises Standards-Based Patent Protection for All(Jul 11, 2007)