Dell Ready to Deal for Palm?
Jun 15, 2009, 16:02 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Andy Patrizio)
"Barron's writer Eric Savitz then speculated out loud (by his
own admission) that perhaps Dell should just purchase Palm (NASDAQ:
PALM), which had seen its fortunes shrivel in recent years, making
it quite affordable, but was sitting on a potential winner with its
well-received Palm Pre smart phone.
"Fast-forward three months, and now Collins Stewart analyst
Ashok Kumar sent out a research note that shows Savitz was on to
something, although does not mention him by name, and theorizes the
merger "will be born of mutual necessity."
"Kumar thinks this would allow newly-appointed Palm CEO (and
former Apple executive) Jon Rubenstein a chance to run Dell and let
Michael Dell return to the chairman's job he held before returning
CEO two years ago."
- Matthew Garrett Looks at the Palm Pre Code: Yep, It's Linux(Jun 10, 2009)
- Palm's Linux smartphone debuts(Jun 09, 2009)
- Wind River: Tasty Embedded Linux Treat(Jun 08, 2009)
- Ubuntu Becomes Intel's Classmate(Jun 05, 2009)
- Verizon to offer Palm's "iTunes-compatible" Pre(May 30, 2009)
- The Ultimate Tablet: On Palm's webOS?(May 27, 2009)
- Developers: Palm's webOS Is The Bomb(Apr 20, 2009)
- Six New Mobile Devices Running Open Source(Apr 09, 2009)
- Embedded Linux on the Grow(Mar 09, 2009)