UK Government ditches Microsoft's Cloud in favour of Open Source?
Aug 11, 2009, 16:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by John Spencer)
[ Thanks to e5rebel for this link.
"However in July the Conservative Party attempted to
spike any such venture. They (The Tories) announced that they want
citizens to own their own data and said that cloud outsourcing was
an unacceptable risk (you try FOI'ing the Gov on how much they
spend with MS and see how far you get!).
"Many agreed and the press has continued to run effective Cloud
scare stories. Meanwhile the Cabinet Office seems to have found a
new hymn sheet."
- The Linux Desktop's Next Challenge: Layer 8(Aug 10, 2009)
- How to save the Internet from Windows(Aug 10, 2009)
- OSCON 2009: Governments and open source(Aug 09, 2009)
- Open Source Tools Help Earthquake Researchers Stay a Step Ahead(Aug 05, 2009)
- Venezuela to Provide Children with 50,000 Mini Laptops(Jul 30, 2009)
- When Three Tribes Go To War(Jul 30, 2009)
- Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service Investigates Netbooks(Jul 29, 2009)
- Why aren't schools adopting open source?(Jul 27, 2009)
- 50 Open Source Apps Transforming Education(Jul 27, 2009)
- Parsing the Microsoft - EU Interoperability Commitment(Jul 27, 2009)