10 Reasons to use Linux for Enterprise Business
Sep 17, 2009, 12:35 (0 Talkback[s])
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
Systems under Linux can be cloned several times without any
additional software licensing fee. The enterprise business can save
on the additional cost for implementation in networking set up.
"4. Better hardware utilization
Linux uses the hardware more efficiently than most of the other
Operating Systems. With Linux you can run a file server for 20
people on a Pentium 4 machine without any performance issues. This
would considerably reduce the cost of hardware and consume less
energy for running the servers.
Undoubtedly, Linux is the ace when it comes to network security.
Linux has a negligible threat of infection by viruses, Trojans,
worms, spyware and other malware."
- Archos 5: The Linux Internet tablet for everyone(Sep 16, 2009)
- Microsoft Badmouths Linix [sic] in 1998, Envisions a Nightmare(Sep 16, 2009)
- Does Quality Software Code Really Matter?(Sep 14, 2009)
- Convert various media formats to Vorbis in Linux(Sep 01, 2009)
- 25 Linux tips for Windows switchers(Aug 31, 2009)
- The easiest operating system to update is...(Aug 31, 2009)
- 7 Reasons to Use Debian(Aug 31, 2009)
- Git gets demystified and Subversion control(Aug 27, 2009)
- FSF takes on Windows 7(Aug 26, 2009)