Learn Linux, 302 (Mixed environments): Concepts
Feb 08, 2011, 15:34 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sean A. Walberg)
"Summary: In preparation for taking the Linux Professional
Institute Certification exam LPI-302 for system administrators,
learn the fundamental concepts surrounding SMB/CIFS, file sharing,
and print services in a mixed environment.
"In this article, learn about these concepts:
* Server Message Block (SMB)/Common Internet File System (CIFS)
* File sharing
* Print service
"This article helps you prepare for Objective 310.1 in Topic 310
of the LPI's Mixed Environment speciality exam (302). The objective
has a weight of 1.
"To get the most from the articles in this series, you should
have an advanced knowledge of Linux and a working Linux system on
which you can practice the commands covered in this article. In
addition, you should have access to a Windows environment that you
can use to test file and print access.
"File and print sharing
"The goal of file and print sharing is to let computers use
disks and printers on other computers as if they were locally
attached. This functionality allows more people to use the same
expensive resources and to access those resources from anywhere. As
central resources, files and printers can be more tightly
controlled and audited, should that be required."
- Platform emulation with Bochs(Feb 04, 2011)
- Scripting the Linux desktop, Part 1: Basics(Feb 01, 2011)
- HTML5 Tip - Drag and Drop hard drive files to a webpage!(Feb 01, 2011)
- Run ZFS on Linux(Jan 24, 2011)
- Booting Linux on the BeagleBoard-xM(Jan 12, 2011)
- Learn Linux, 101: Runlevels, shutdown, and reboot(Jan 11, 2011)
- Do You Want a Piece of My Mind?(Dec 28, 2010)