SCO's Strategic Consultant Mike Anderer Foresaw Microsoft-Organised Patent Lawsuits vs. Linux
Apr 24, 2011, 11:05 (3 Talkback[s])
"Intellectual Ventures, created out of Microsoft money, is known to be using a lot of 'satellite' companies to sue/extort companies on Intellectual Ventures' behalf.
"Only rarely does Intellectual Ventures sue directly, but sometimes it does. It's a proxy game and the victims struggle to validate the connections in the courtroom because when papers get exchanged as opposed to something physical, traces can vanish."
- Google goes shopping for patents(Apr 06, 2011)
- Bill Gates and Nathan Myhrvold Find New Ways to Extort the Competitors, Using Patents(Apr 03, 2011)
- What is the Value of Red Hat's Patents?(Mar 29, 2011)
- Software patents are a distraction(Mar 03, 2011)
- On Linux, Software Patents, Shakespeare & the Web(Feb 28, 2011)
- A possible game changer for invalidating bad software patents(Feb 04, 2011)
- Novell Files Definitive Proxy Statement: Someone May Be Interested in the Patents and "Maybe More"(Jan 20, 2011)
- CPTN Holdings is still trying to buy Novell's patents(Jan 12, 2011)
- A hazy shade of value: Software patents just took a hit(Jan 11, 2011)
- Patents do not protect small firms, says trade body(Dec 18, 2010)