The next Microsoft in the cloud computing era is...
May 09, 2011, 20:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Trevor Pott)
"Amazon is in an interesting pickle. It had an excellent
proprietary offering, AWS, and then along came a cross-compatible
open source offering, Eucalyptus. Suddenly it finds itself
competing against other proprietary offerings and against other
AWS-compatible cloud providers. More interestingly, companies can
now build AWS-compatible local clouds.
"Against this backdrop, Microsoft's cloud strategy stands out
for appearing so poorly defined. On the face of it, it has little
unity or corporate cohesiveness. Microsoft's tentacles all seem to
be pursuing different and sometimes contradictory strategies. The
reality is, however, that Microsoft may have one of the most viable
long-term cloud strategies on offer."
- OpenStack Cactus Advances Open Source Cloud Computing(Apr 17, 2011)
- Cloud Computing Set to Dominate Digium Asterisk World Conference(Feb 03, 2011)
- Dell Partners With Ubuntu for Linux Cloud Computing Technology(Feb 03, 2011)
- Researcher Breaks Wi-Fi Passwords Using Cloud Computing Power(Jan 12, 2011)
- Cisco, Cloud Computing and Open Source Software(Jan 05, 2011)
- Observation: Cloud computing is nothing new(Dec 02, 2010)
- Red Hat Acquires Makara for Cloud Computing Management(Dec 01, 2010)
- OpenStack Delivers First Release of Cloud Computing Tech(Oct 22, 2010)
- Cloud Computing(Sep 30, 2010)