Dell Chooses Debian for new SMB System Management Appliance
Jul 14, 2011, 17:00 (0 Talkback[s])
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
"The Dell KACE M300 Asset Management Appliance family is
targeted for management of deployment of between 50 and 200 managed
nodes. Dell KACE already has a pair of appliances in the market for
larger deployments, including the K1000, which was updated in 2010.
Dell (NASDAQ: DELL) acquired KACE in February 2010 in an effort to
beef up its compliance and systems management offerings....
"In terms of what runs under the hood, the M300 takes a
different direction from Dell KACE's larger K1000 appliance. The
K1000 uses an open source FreeBSD operating system as its base. In
contrast, the new M300 uses a Debian Linux operating system."
- Dell does it again - promises Linux, makes it impossible to order(Apr 28, 2011)
- Rackspace, Dell push OpenStack cloud OS
(Mar 09, 2011)
- Dell Inspiron M101z review - AMD and Ubuntu in a Dell?!(Mar 04, 2011)
- Dell Partners With Ubuntu for Linux Cloud Computing Technology(Feb 03, 2011)
- Canonical & Dell bring private Ubuntu Clouds to Servers(Feb 02, 2011)
- Dell Joins Novell for Linux Appliances(Jan 25, 2011)
- Buying a Dell without Windows is not easy, but possible(Dec 29, 2010)
- The good and bad news about Dell and Ubuntu(Nov 30, 2010)