Linux Today: Linux News On Internet Time.
Search Linux Today
Linux News Sections:  Developer -  High Performance -  Infrastructure -  IT Management -  Security -  Storage -
Linux Today Navigation
LT Home
Contribute
Contribute
Link to Us
Linux Jobs






More on LinuxToday

IT Management Linux News for Jan 22, 2001

  • LinuxPlanet: Editor's Note: Linux in 2001 (Jan 22, 2001, 21:11)
    In the span of 14 months, Linux has gone from a really cool underground technology to the toast of Wall Street to a firmly established player in the enteprise and corporate-computing worlds. What will Linux bring in 2001? Kevin Reichard thinks that Linux will continue its rise as a enabling technology, but that it still faces a lot of challenges as a standalone technology, especially where the desktop is concerned.

  • eWeek: Open Source Lab to open this week (Jan 22, 2001, 20:13)
    "Backers to spend millions of dollars in equipment and funding for the non-profit lab for enterprise Linux development."

  • CNET News.com: Corel to reveal new business plan; Linux Global Partners to buy Corel Linux line? (Jan 22, 2001, 19:21)
    "Corel is close to finalizing a deal with Linux Global Partners, a New York holding company, which is expected to buy 80 percent of Corel's Linux business for $5 million and allow Corel to hold the remaining 20 percent, according to sources."