Release Digest: GNOME, April 21, 2003
Apr 22, 2003, 05:00 (1 Talkback[s])
GRAMPS is a GNOME/Python based genealogy program.
- Custom paper sizes may be set for reports
- Witnesses may be added to an event. The witnesses do not have to be in
the database, in which case only a string for a name is kept.
- Improved interface to be more compliant with GNOME Human Interface
- Added Romanian translation (Radu Bogdan Mare)
- Added Dutch translation (Tino Meinen)
- Displaying of tabbed person list is significantly faster, since the
are only drawn with they are selected.
- GRAMPS manual has been updated for the GNOME 2 interface (Alex Roitman)
- Patch Names utility allows you to select which names should be
- Find dialog is now working again.
- Example database can be installed and loaded from the help menu.
- The status bar can now optionally show the active person's relationship
to the home person (works for English only, since the relationship
calculation is region/culture dependent).
- GZIP compression problem has been resolved.
GNOME Software Map entry
Glame 1.0.0 is the first release of the stable series 1.0 that will be the
last Gnome 1.x based one. Compared to the 0.6 series improvements were made
to multitrack recording and speed.
You can download this release as source tarball from our SourceForge
project page at