Aug 24, 2009, 20:33 (0 Talkback[s])
"In this article I'll remove the software speaker grill and pull
out the virtual chassis to take a closer look at the sonic
possibilities of this "simple mono amplifier".
"Did you know that:
* The Rickenbacker was one of the first commercially available
electric guitars in the early 1930s ?
* By 1945 the Fender company marketed amplifiers designed
specifically for the electric guitar ?
* Audio effects designer Roger Mayer created the first distortion
and wah pedals for guitarists in the 1960s ?
* In July 2009 developers Hermann Meyer and James Warden announced
the release of Guitarix 0.05.0-1 ?
"Okay, so maybe Guitarix won't make quite the same historical
impact as those other events, but its most recent release is
definitely an event worth noting."
- LMMS: The Linux MultiMedia Studio(Aug 18, 2009)
- Studio DV, Open Octave, And More(Jul 29, 2009)
- It LiVES! Video Editing For FOSS Movie Makers(Jul 24, 2009)
- Keeping In Touch: A Guide To Linux Audio Comm Channels(Jul 14, 2009)
- Pianoteq3 For Linux: A Product Review(Jun 30, 2009)
- Judgement Day: Studio Dave Tests Ubuntu Studio 9.04(Jun 06, 2009)
- Linux Audio Update(May 11, 2009)
- Music Notation Software for Linux: a Progress Report, Part 2(Apr 23, 2009)