Security Portal: Ask Buffy - A fwinfo Script, Firewall Information and Stateful Firewalls
Jan 25, 2001, 06:29 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Buffy)
WEBINAR: On-demand Event
Replace Oracle with the NoSQL Engagement Database: Why and how leading companies are making the switch REGISTER >
"I was looking for some material about firewalls, and found some
references to something called "demilitarized" and "militarized"
zones, but I can't find advice on configuring such zones."
"Can you point me to a Website where I can find information
about planning these zones?..."
"Which attacks does stateful inspection or a stateful firewall
protect from? Is this valuable for protecting PCs that connect to
the Internet with permanent connections?...'
- Security Portal: Ask Buffy - Microsoft and Unix, Logging User Activity and the S2ML standard(Jan 18, 2001)
- Security Portal: Ask Buffy - named pipes, IPSec documentation and dangerous protocols(Jan 11, 2001)
- Security Portal: Ask Buffy - Unix security tools, security of named pipes and encrypted stream attack detection(Jan 04, 2001)
- Security Portal: Ask Buffy - Apache Security and case law regarding network security(Dec 21, 2000)
- Security Portal: Ask Buffy - "owning" Apache, listing of port numbers and stateful firewalls(Dec 14, 2000)
- Security Portal: Ask Buffy - identifying an IP address, connecting a Linux machine to the Internet and more(Dec 08, 2000)
- Security Portal: Ask Buffy - Securing Against Root Exploits & PGP and Hushmail(Oct 19, 2000)