It's time to get rid of Windows
Aug 08, 2009, 09:02 (17 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Steve J. Vaughan-Nichols)
[ Thanks to Steven J.
Vaughan-Nichols for this link. ]
"Let me spell this out for you. Some people out there
used no fewer than six Windows botnets to go after this one guy.
And, in the process, they knocked out, for hours at a time, most of
the major social networks.
"How did this happen? It happened because Windows is an insecure
piece of junk. Anyone who knows anything about security knows that
this kind of disaster was only a matter of time. Windows botnets
are responsible for DDoS attacks and most of e-mail spam."
- Trend Micro: Antivirus Industry Lied for 20 Years(Jul 16, 2008)
- Scientists get a million Linux kernels to run at once(Aug 04, 2009)
- Oops, e-mail security vendor McAfee spills 1400 private names(Jul 31, 2009)
- Why is the NY Times so Dumb About Linux and Windows?(Jun 17, 2009)
- The US Army: It's Better with Vista?(Jun 04, 2009)
- 12 million new IP addresses hijacked by botnets(May 05, 2009)
- Answers Trickle Out as Spammer Networks Remain Compromised(Nov 19, 2008)
- Unplugging The World's Biggest Spam Host-- Temporarily
(Nov 19, 2008)
- Botnets and You: Save the World--Install Linux(Jun 25, 2008)
- McAfee's Libel Against Open Source(Apr 15, 2008)