Smoke Screens and Linux
Jun 24, 2010, 17:35 (0 Talkback[s])
"In my net surfings, I have encountered that smoke screens about
Linux security are becoming popular. The way in which certain
threat alerts were made public amused me. I believe that there was
a malicious intention to discredit the Penguin OS using slanted
information behind the sensationalist hype.
"I found one smoke screen in Yahoo. The feature was a post
titled: "Linux Trojan Raises Malware Concerns". I guess the point
was to make Linux beginners question their choice. After all, if we
migrate to Linux to feel safer and this OS is as vulnerable as
Windows, why the bother? However, the strategy did not work so well
because even Linux newbies could see beyond the alarming news."
- Researcher Builds Mock Botnet Of 'Twilight'-Loving Android Users(Jun 22, 2010)
- More "Paul Murphy" Anti-Linux FUD: SCO or Son of SCO Can Still Win(Jun 22, 2010)
- Trojaned App Demonstrates Need for Better Practices, Not More FUD(Jun 15, 2010)
- The botnet business(Jun 01, 2010)
- Editor's Note: Funniest, Most Expensive, Best, and All-Time Number One Linux Today Stories(May 28, 2010)
- To Microsoft, Open Source means "Windows Encumbered"
(May 24, 2010)
- Firefox FUD not lagging(May 20, 2010)