GNOME 0.99.1 released
Dec 31, 1998, 00:00 (0 Talkback[s])
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
From: Miguel de Icaza <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: GNOME 0.99.1 release is out.
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:57:13 -0600
To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello free software users,
The GNOME team has just released updated versions of a number of
GNOME packages that fix a share of bugs that were reported with the
gnome 0.99 release.
The following packages have been released:
- The GNOME libraries (gnome-libs-0.99.1.tar.gz)
- The GNOME core applications (gnome-core-0.99.1.tar.gz)
- ORBit 0.3.91.tar.gz
- The GNOME file manager (mc-4.5.4.tar.gz)
- Gnumeric 0.5 (gnumeric-0.5.tar.gz).
These introduce a number of bug fixes to the problems reported by
the users on the version 0.99 of GNOME, some of the most important
highlights of this version are:
- Reduced memory usage in various applications.
- Memory leak fixes.
- Improved stability in various applications.
- Bug fixes
GMC got the following features:
- New menu layout.
- Improved and accelerated desktop icon management.
You can fetch the files from the GNOME ftp site:
Instructions for building GNOME are available at: