Flight Gear version 0.7.1 is now available for download
Oct 31, 1999, 16:42 (1 Talkback[s])
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
The Flight Gear Flight Simulator project is a free, open-source,
multi-platform flight simulator development project. Source code
for the entire project is available and licensed under the GPL.
For more information, please visit the Flight Gear web page
Version 0.7.1 is the latest development release
New in 0.7.1
- Nifty cloud layer. This isn't quite like Fly!'s 3d clouds, but
it's a nice start and barely impacts frame rates.
- Default to Christian Mayer's new weather system. As the weather
database system develops we should be able to incorporate
sophisticated weather modeling into the simulator.
- Added routines to do screen printing (win32) contributed by
- Added routines to do screen shots to ppm graphics file (all
platforms) contributed Rich Kaszeta.
- Added a magic carpet (aka slew) mode.
- Added a hot air balloon simulator mode. (alpha)
- Added a simple (direct lincage) autocoordation feature.
- Added a mode to control view (side to side and up and down)
with the mouse.
- Fixed a DEM decoding problem which caused most of the terrain
to be 256 meter too high (and regenerated the world scenery with
- Updates to JSBsim (our future generic flight modeling
- Added support for a pilot view offset from the center of
- Various platform portability fixes.
- Updated time-offset/syncing command line options.
- Updated the FDM <==> Flight Gear interface to be more
object oriented. This should hopefully pave the way for being able
to simulate several concurrent entities.
- Removed unimplemented menu entries.
- Various scenery tools changes and enhancements in preparation
for adding runways (hopefully for the next release.)
University of MN, ME Dept.
Flight Gear Project