Linuxcare: Interview: Stallman The Coder
Dec 14, 1999, 20:48 (7 Talkback[s])
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
[ Thanks to Zack
Brown for this link. ]
"On a recent visit to the Linuxcare offices in San
Francisco, Richard Stallman spoke to our staff about the history of
the Free Software Foundation, the future of GNU development, and
why we should really be calling ourselves GNU/Linuxcare. After the
talk, and a helping of the Friday company luncheon, RMS sat down
with a few of our gurus to an impromptu interview."
The above paragraph has been changed to now read:
"Although most well known today as the father of Free Software and
the GNU project, Richard Stallman, a coder of genius, is also the
creator of some of the most important programs in the whole
software world: GNU Emacs, the GNU C Compiler (GCC), and others.
On a recent visit to the Linuxcare offices in San Francisco,
Richard Stallman sat down with a few of our gurus to an in-depth
interview about OS standards, the GCC, LISP, and a sneak peak at
EMACS 21. After the interview, and a helping of the Friday
company luncheon, RMS spoke to our staff about the history of the
Free Software Foundation and the future of GNU development."
"Richard Stallman launched the GNU project in 1984 and created
the now famous GNU General Public License. The Free Software
Foundation is a tax-exempt charity that raises funds for work on
the GNU Project."
- UPDATED: Richard Stallman -- Boycott Amazon!(Dec 22, 1999)
- Richard Stallman -- Waiting for the Knock(Nov 25, 1999)
- Linux.Net.CN: Richard Stallman in China(Nov 06, 1999)
- LinuxWorld: Richard Stallman on freedom and the GNU GPL(Nov 04, 1999)
- Info-GNU: Richard Stallman: New Documentation License--Comments Requested(Sep 14, 1999)
- Audio Broadcast: An Interview with Richard Stallman(Aug 31, 1999)
- Fight For Software Freedom Far From Over -- Interview with Richard Stallman(Aug 19, 1999)
- LinuxWorld: An interview with Richard Stallman(Aug 15, 1999)
- Richard Stallman -- U.S. Congress Threatens to Establish a New Kind of Monopoly(Jul 30, 1999)
- Richard Stallman -- On "Free Hardware"
(Jun 22, 1999)