Wired: Furor Over Virginia E-Biz Law [UCITA]
Mar 16, 2000, 21:08 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Declan McCullagh)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"Opposition to UCITA is fragmented and disjointed, but it
appears to be gaining momentum."
"Liberal activists like Ralph Nader's Consumer Project on
Technology have condemned UCITA for allegedly giving more rights to
businesses at the expense of consumers."
"One major source of criticism has come from the Linux
community, which fears UCITA will increase the legal liability of
open-source software developers."
- InfoWorld: Virginia governor to sign UCITA bill Tuesday(Mar 15, 2000)
- InfoWorld: States shouldn't be so sure that passing UCITA will bring them jobs and talent(Mar 13, 2000)
- InfoWorld: Mid-Atlantic states vie to become the first to enact the controversial UCITA(Mar 08, 2000)
- PC Week: Fight UCITA: It grants far too much power to vendors(Mar 07, 2000)
- ComputerWorld: CIOs join fight to kill Ucita(Mar 04, 2000)
- Freshmeat: The Dangers of UCITA(Feb 24, 2000)
- Slashdot: Lobbying Against UCITA: A Practical Guide(Feb 19, 2000)
- UCITA -- A Law Whose Time Should Never Come(Feb 17, 2000)
- Linux Journal: UCITA: Not Gone, Not Forgotten(Feb 17, 2000)