TechWeb/Reuters: States, U.S. To File Joint Proposal On Microsoft
Apr 27, 2000, 15:04 (8 Talkback[s])
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"The U.S. Justice Department and states bringing an
antitrust case against Microsoft are expected to file a joint
proposal Friday to split the software giant in two, sources
familiar with the case said."
"The judge in the landmark antitrust case ordered on April 5
that the Justice Department and 19 states file their proposed
remedies by Friday. But he said they could file separately if they
were unable to agree on an approach."
"They have now agreed to file jointly, the sources said,
although a few states may file minority comments."
- CNN: Microsoft 'Baby Bills' will dominate market, or will they?(Apr 27, 2000)
- VNU Net: White House briefed on Microsoft's fate(Apr 26, 2000)
- ZDNet: Evan Leibovitch -- Elian, Microsoft and Linux [MS Breakup "Just Dumb"](Apr 26, 2000)
- VNU Net: Microsoft punishment expected this week(Apr 26, 2000)
- Seattle Times/Washington Post: Microsoft Trial: Linux a threat, at least in court(Apr 25, 2000)
- WideOpenNews.com: Microsoft Breakup Would Help Linux(Apr 25, 2000)
- SJ Mercury: Break up Microsoft(Apr 24, 2000)
- Washington Post: U.S., States Favor Plan to Split Up Microsoft(Apr 24, 2000)