Seattle Post-Intelligencer: What happens next for Microsoft?
Apr 29, 2000, 17:37 (0 Talkback[s])
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
[ Thanks to Kevin
Reichard for this link. ]
"The Justice Department and 19 states yesterday asked a
federal judge to break up Microsoft into two companies. It is just
a recommendation. Here's what happens next:
- Microsoft responds. The company has until May 10...
- Government files its rebuttal. ...
- Judge holds a hearing on remedies. ...tentatively scheduled for
May 24. ...
- Judge rules on a remedy; Microsoft appeals. ...
- NY Times: Breakup of a Giant Is Seen Reigniting Competition in the Software Business(Apr 29, 2000)
- NY Times: U.S. Microsoft Solution Is Called Drastic Surgery(Apr 29, 2000)
- The Register: US demands MS split, open up APIs, liberate PC OEMs(Apr 29, 2000)
- Forbes: Breakup Could Help Innovation--Microsoft's(Apr 28, 2000)
- SRO: The 'Sue Microsoft' Line Forms Here(Apr 21, 2000)
- PC Week: Sun considers antitrust suit against Microsoft(Apr 05, 2000)
- Chosun Ilbo (Korea): Microsoft's Grip on Korean Market to Loosen(Apr 04, 2000)
- Business Week: The Real Threats to Microsoft Are in the Marketplace(Apr 04, 2000)