Linux Journal: Builder Xcessory
Jun 24, 2000, 13:38 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Robert Hartley)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"Builder Xcessory (BX) is a mature, high-end,
object-oriented-based UNIX GUI development tool for Motif and Java,
released just over a year ago for use on Linux. Along with Code
Fusion from Cygnus, BXPro won Linux Journal's ``Editors Choice''
Award for Best New Application: Software Development in
"In addition to highly intuitive widget layout, BX allows the
- Build components by grouping widgets together and making them
into primary classes, with their own methods and data interfaces,
without the need to compile them into separate shared libraries for
placement on the palette.
- Implement well-organized ways to apply styles for a consistent
look and feel. Many organizations such as government and military
subcontractors have their own strict standards for how a GUI should
look, declaring their own font, color and other conventions for
- Transparently keep code intact while the GUI is undergoing
evolutionary changes. Callback code is not lost when changes to the
GUI are made.
- Invoke and use standard development tools, such as Code Fusion,
Purify, CVS, SGI Developer Magic and others.
- Add new components and widgets on the palette and use them
- Develop C, C++, ViewKit, UIL and Java applications, using
industry-standard Motif and Lesstif. "
- First Kylix Screenshots Available!(Jun 06, 2000)
- Website on Kylix (Delphi & C++ Builder for Linux)(May 16, 2000)
- LinuxPR: Lazarus trying to beat Kylix to the punch!(Apr 28, 2000)
- O'Reilly Network: Kylix is Coming! Delphi and C++ Builder Invade Linux(Apr 19, 2000)
- LinuxPR: Professional IDE for Linux developers for FREE(Nov 24, 1999)
- BW: Cygnus Code Fusion Wins Editors' Choice Award From Linux Journal(Nov 23, 1999)
- VARBusiness: Sun Acquires Java/Linux IDE Vendor [NetBeans](Oct 22, 1999)
- Slashdot: Code Fusion for Linux: Reviewed(Sep 10, 1999)
- LinuxWorld: Discovering Code Fusion [Review](Aug 27, 1999)
- LinuxWorld: A comparison of Linux integrated development environments(Jul 24, 1999)
- KDevelop IDE for Unix Systems v0.4 released(Jun 14, 1999)
- Integrated Development Environments(Apr 28, 1999)