Free Pascal compiler version 1.00 is officially out!
Jul 12, 2000, 16:42 (8 Talkback[s])
[ Thanks to Georgi
Georgiev (Skeleta) for this announcement. ]
Announcement from FreePascal mailing list:
It is with great pleasure that the Free Pascal Development Team
announces that Version 1.00 of the Free Pascal compiler has been
The Free Pascal Compiler features:
- A Turbo Pascal and Delphi compatible compiler for the Intel
family, with some extensions to the Pascal and Object Pascal
such as operator overloading.
- Full debugger support with GNU GDB.
- An OS independent Run-Time Library, equivalent to the Turbo
and Delphi Run-Time Libraries, not dependent on external
- An API allowing for OS-Independent screen, keyboard and
- Many units, interfacing to various API's: gtk, xforms, zlib,
sockets, X, mysql, postgresql, Interbase, paszlib, opengl,
- A Free Component Library, containing many base classes from
- An IDE resembling Turbo Pascal's IDE (currently Beta quality)
full GDB debugger support.
- More than 800 pages of documentation in Adobe PDF format (other
formats include plain text, HTML and PostScript), featuring
- User's guide
- Programmer's guide
- Reference guide
- reference guide for all units in the Run-Time Library
- More than 440 complete example programs.
- Full sources to compiler, RTL, docs, packages.
More information can be found on:
Installations are available for the following platforms:
Linux - RPM, .deb and .tar.gz packages are available.
Dos - Using the go32 extender
Windows - Native Windows binary
OS/2 - Using the EMX extender
Amiga - Based on version 0.99.5
speaking for the whole Free Pascal Development Team