Techweb: Can Inprise/Borland Rise Again?
Jul 21, 2000, 00:12 (5 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Elizabeth Montalbano)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"Inprise/Borland's latest effort to save itself from certain
death -- or acquisition -- may be too little too late."
"Last week at its developer conference, Inprise made several
announcements aimed at reviving interest in the company's
cross-platform tool strategy for Web app development."
"Interim president and CEO Dale Fuller said the company's
JBuilder Java tool -- arguably its most valuable product -- will
support Apple's latest operating system for the Mac, OS 10."
"Fuller also outlined a plan to ship new RAD tools under Project
Kylix, which will expand the capabilities of Inprise's Delphi and
C++ development tools for Linux."
"More and more people are moving to Linux," Fuller said.
"There's a bigger and bigger need for that."
- DelphiZine.com: The Dish on Kylix - Is Linux Ready for Delphi?(Jul 16, 2000)
- VNU Net: Inprise/Borland unveils ecommerce strategy(Jul 13, 2000)
- InfoWorld: Inprise/Borland embraces Apple(Jul 13, 2000)
- Borland.com: Inprise/Borland Will Radically Simplify Apache Web Application Development(Jul 12, 2000)
- DevX.com: Inprise/Borland to Offer VB Developers Fast Path to Linux(Jul 07, 2000)
- Borland.com: Inprise Introduces CLX: Next-generation Cross-platform Library, Component Framework(Jun 28, 2000)
- TechWeb: Inprise Bridges Gap Between Linux, Windows(Jun 27, 2000)
- PRNewswire: Inprise/Borland Offers Visual Basic Developers Fast Path to Linux(Jun 21, 2000)
- CNET News.com: Can Inprise perform as a soloist?(May 24, 2000)
- CNET News.com: [Gartner] Commentary: Inprise/Borland looking for better fit than Corel(May 24, 2000)
- Linux Journal: No Merger: Corel and Borland/Inprise call it off(May 18, 2000)