CNET News.com: Microsoft to release Windows 2000 bug fixes [SP1]
Jul 31, 2000, 14:20 (5 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Joe Wilcox)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Nigel for this link.
"Availability of the service pack, which corrects bugs in
Windows 2000 and enhances existing features, is expected to be an
important event for Microsoft. Many industry analysts, among them
Gartner and International Data Corp., had recommended that the bulk
of businesses wait until the release of the first service pack
before moving to Windows 2000."
"Release of the service pack could help Microsoft pick up
more Windows 2000 Server installations at a time when Linux is
rapidly grabbing market share. In 1999, Linux scooted past
Novell's Netware to become the No. 2 server operating system behind
Microsoft's Windows NT, according to IDC."
"...Microsoft yesterday quietly posted the 83MB file, called
Windows 2000 SP 1, on three Web sites... These files are
administrative versions used by network managers, and Microsoft is
expected to offer at least one smaller service pack for people
looking to update individual PCs."
- VNU Net: Can Windows 2000 Datacenter take on Unix?(Jul 19, 2000)
- The Register: Slow Win2k uptake, flagging Office sales dog MS Q4(Jul 19, 2000)
- The Register: US Navy Carrier to Adopt Win2K Infrastructure(Jul 15, 2000)
- PC Magazine UK: PC Magazine Labs report [Win2k vs. NT 4 vs. Red Hat 6.1](Jul 14, 2000)
- CNET News.com: Microsoft ready to send 64-bit Windows 2000 to developers(Jul 12, 2000)
- Spec.org: Second Quarter 2000 SPECweb99 Results [Linux beats Windows 2000 in benchmark](Jul 05, 2000)
- The Register: Win2K and ME users up creek without a floppy(Jun 26, 2000)
- WinInfo: Windows 2000 to return to the Alpha Platform(Jun 21, 2000)
- VNU Net: Windows 2000 goes 'headless' this summer(Jun 11, 2000)
- TechWeb: Windows 2000 Server Apps Delayed(Jun 07, 2000)
- TechWeb: Linux Still A Force Despite Windows 2000(Jun 02, 2000)
- CCIA: Microsoft Windows 2000: Blueprint for Domination(May 25, 2000)