Silicon.com: Customers tell Sybase 'we don't want Linux'
Aug 07, 2000, 04:11 (22 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sonya Rabbitte)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
[ Thanks to www.linuks.net for this
"Sybase will not be incorporating Linux into its internet
application product range in a move that runs contrary to current
industry trends and to the company's overall strategy."
"The move comes after a trial run failed to grab customer
"Alan McGuire, US product manager for Sybase internet
applications division, explained that a beta product delivered to
100 large customers produced indifferent results...."
"Clive Longbottom, an analyst with research house Strategy
Partners, agreed that there was a lack of interest in Linux among
corporate customers, but warned that a complete disregard for the
non-proprietary system could leave the Sybase division lagging
behind its competitors."
- Sybase.com: Adaptive Server Enterprise for Linux Download Page [Sybase ASE 220.127.116.11ESD#6](Jul 27, 2000)
- CNET News.com: Sybase chip backing gives Transmeta boost(Feb 04, 2000)
- InfoWorld: Transmeta, Sybase demonstrate Crusoe in action(Feb 02, 2000)
- LinuxPR: Open Source Web Development Platform Zope Embraced By Sybase(Nov 12, 1999)
- LinuxWorld: A developer's introduction to Sybase SQL Anywhere Studio(Oct 22, 1999)
- PRNewswire: Sybase Enterprise Application Server Earns LinuxWorld Expo Show Favorites Award(Aug 20, 1999)
- ZDNet: Oracle, Sybase Put More On Linux(Aug 14, 1999)
- InfoWorld: Sybase unleashes data for Linux sites(Jul 08, 1999)
- Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0.2 Eval for Linux(Jun 27, 1999)
- CNET News.com: Sybase ships SQL database for Linux(Jun 14, 1999)
- PRN: Sybase Ships Industry's First Mobile and Embedded Database for Linux(Jun 14, 1999)
- Open beta starts for Sybase SQL Anywhere on Linux(Apr 13, 1999)
- CNET News.com: Sybase says Linux now a priority(Mar 03, 1999)