From: Linus Torvalds
To: Kernel Mailing List
Trying something new: keeping rudimentary change-logs. I should keep this
up until final 2.4.0. Watch me.
- fix PCI resource bug that crept in in test6 due to the new
requirements to handle multiple bus regions transparently
- ll_rw_block documentation
- sound driver module counting bugfix and cleanup (move to named
- directory rename bug fix for busy directories (oops)
- allow "init_new_context()" to fail - it can do so on some
architectures when out of memory.
- networking updates - TCP retransmission and ordering logic
- fix strsep(). Not that anybody cared.
- fix modversions.h generation ("make -j dep" works now)
- finish 64-bit VFS: getdents64 and fcntl64 (getdents64 also adds
the "file type" to the readdir data - VFS layer change. fcntl64
allows 64-bit file locking)
- Intel i810 watchdog driver and NS DP83810 network driver
- dup2() cannot screw up the file table with threads any more.
- nfs_commit_rpcsetup() signed comparison bugfix and cleanup
- sparc updates and TLB invalidation fix
- networking updates (less verbose on the new reordering messages)
- network driver Makefile cleanup
- Fix segment copy on fork.
- tsk->files race fixes: close-on-exec etc.
- sound #define cleanups
- fs/proc/array.c task_lock cleanup