LinuxWorld.com.au: Red Flag Linux Targets Global Market
Aug 14, 2000, 02:27 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Stephanie Sim)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
[ Thanks to Thor for this link.
"Red Flag Software is making expansion plans and aims to take
its mainland China-developed Red Flag Linux software to the
"According to Liu Bo, chief executive officer and president of
Red Flag Software, the overwhelming response to the company's Linux
distribution in the mainland has given the company confidence to
take Red Flag to the global market."
"Liu said Linux currently has a 13.6 percent share of the
server operating system market in China, according to International
Data Corp., and has the potential to grow even further."
- Salon: Linux in China: Not ready for prime time(Aug 09, 2000)
- The Register: High prices, false steps help Windows lose to Linux in China(Aug 08, 2000)
- Smart Partner: Stamp Of Approval For Linux(Aug 07, 2000)
- China Daily: Can Linux break Windows?(Aug 01, 2000)
- Inter@ctive Week: Cold War In A Digital Age(Jul 31, 2000)
- The Daily Deal/Reuters: China's Red Flag Linux to fly IPO(Jul 31, 2000)
- The Standard: Microsoft's Man in Beijing [and Linux in China](Jul 17, 2000)
- NY Times: Fearing Control by Microsoft, China Backs the Linux System(Jul 08, 2000)
- Australian Financial Review: Linux has window of opportunity in China(Jun 30, 2000)
- LinuxMall.com: Chinese Linux Development Leap(Jun 22, 2000)