ZDNet: GNOME vs. KDE: This means war?
Aug 22, 2000, 06:53 (37 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Mary Jo Foley)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"For a war that supposedly isn't, the battle over
open-source desktops seems to be getting bloodier."
"It's GNOME vs. KDE. And even though many open-source backers
are loath to admit the existence of a rift within their ranks on
any software development front, sides are being taken and two
distinct camps are forming."
"At the end of last week, a member of the KDE Core Team released
a public letter outlining his views on the divergent KDE and GNOME
(GNU Network Object Model Environment) efforts."
"Not surprisingly, the letter disparages the GNOME work as
little more than rewarmed Open Group/Motif and Common Desktop
Environment (CDE) standards efforts."
- LinuxPlanet: Not a Typical Troll Tale(Aug 21, 2000)
- OLinux.com.br: KDE Release 2.0 by Mathias Ettrich [Q&A w/Ettrich](Aug 21, 2000)
- osOpinion: The GNOME Ascendant(Aug 21, 2000)
- LinuxToday.com.au: Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before(Aug 20, 2000)
- Slashdot: KDE Developer on the GNOME Foundation(Aug 19, 2000)
- osOpinion: Beating them with their own code: why GNOME can't kill KDE(Aug 18, 2000)
- eWeek: GNOME Throws Down the Gauntlet(Aug 17, 2000)
- LWN: A talk with KDE developer Kurt Granroth(Aug 17, 2000)
- The Register: Herzfield spills all about Eazel(Aug 16, 2000)
- Wired: Linux Mounts MS Offense [w/GNOME Foundation](Aug 15, 2000)
- The Register: KDE responds: we're not scared(Aug 15, 2000)
- The Register: Sun puts dollars and suits behind GNOME(Aug 14, 2000)
- LinuxToday.com.au: HelixCode for KDE?(Aug 09, 2000)