Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 19:55:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: Linus Torvalds email@example.com
To: Kernel Mailing List firstname.lastname@example.org
- fix PCI resource bug that crept in in test6 due to the new
requirements to handle multiple bus regions transparently
- ll_rw_block documentation
- sound driver module counting bugfix and cleanup (move to named
- directory rename bug fix for busy directories (oops)
- allow "init_new_context()" to fail - it can do so on some
architectures when out of memory.
- networking updates - TCP retransmission and ordering logic
- fix strsep(). Not that anybody cared.
- fix modversions.h generation ("make -j dep" works now)
- finish 64-bit VFS: getdents64 and fcntl64 (getdents64 also adds
the "file type" to the readdir data - VFS layer change. fcntl64
allows 64-bit file locking)
- Intel i810 watchdog driver and NS DP83810 network driver
- dup2() cannot screw up the file table with threads any more.
- nfs_commit_rpcsetup() signed comparison bugfix and cleanup
- sparc updates and TLB invalidation fix
- networking updates (less verbose on the new reordering messages)
- network driver Makefile cleanup
- Fix segment copy on fork.
- tsk->files race fixes: close-on-exec etc.
- sound #define cleanups
- fs/proc/array.c task_lock cleanup
- "USE_STANDARD_AS_RULE" - generic Rules.make as rule
- arm update (arch/arm, asm-arm, drivers/acorn, Documentation/arm etc)
- eicon ISDN driver update (big).
- serial.c warnings removal.
- compilation fixes under different configurations..
- bounds checking for hpfs code page index.
- sparc64 bugfix for atomic_dec_and_lock. Oops. And use flock64.
- FAT missed the d_type thing from readdir.
- fix tsk->files race fixes from -pre3 ("struct files_struct", not
"struct file" and make sure to register the socket fs before we
use a pointer to it)
- ns558.c: don't leave the driver registered after a failed module
load. Either return success, or unregister the PCI driver. And
don't leak IO port allocations.
- USB OHCI controller fixes for oopses due to races..
- usb updates
- 3c59x driver update
- VIA KX-133/KT-133 chipset detection and AGP bridge support
- raid/raw-io cleanup: use generic_make_request instead of ll_rw_block.
- Emu10k1 sound driver update
- i2c-old compile fix.
- sparc updates (pte_pagenr cleanups)
- make ipv6 loadable as a module together with CONFIG_INET_ECN
- get rid of bdf_prm.b_un.age_super - it just confused the buffer aging
- smbfs knows about nls and ascii mount options
- small joystick driver updates
- make sure to mark inode dirty after having changed the size!
- hgafb documentation update
- Pentium/MMX has a good IO-APIC
- APIC detection (aka "try to boot the SMP kernel even on buggy UP
boards that claim SMP.")
- alpha time.c epoch calculations. Again.
- report where the memory region information came from.
- sparc updates
- file locking: fix deadlock detection and EOVERFLOW
- network bugfixes
- md readahead was getting confused about bytes vs pages
- DRM and AGP fixes
- xircom_tulip.c: don't corrupt the timer list on suspend
- PCI /proc interface buffer overrun fix
- ISDN updates
- DAC960 update
- fork: get CLONE_PTRACE right (SIGSTOP the child)
- block_all_signals()/unblock_all_signals() interface to allow drivers to
react nicely to signals that happen to a process that owns driver data.
Read: direct rendering lock handling.
- ThunderLAN update (timer fixes, full-duplex, activity-led)
- Fix NFS oops on removing negative dentry. Honour rsize for directory read.
- usb updates
- scheduler wakeup race fix.
- move radio/tv cards to drivers/media, cleaning up drivers/char
- move "input" layer to drivers/input, cleaning up drivers/usb
- Cirrus SoundFusion CS4280/461x sound driver.
- proper camera locking in usb/dc2xx.c
- USB printer driver update (Printer Protocol 3 and timeout handling)
- usbkbd.c syntax error fix. USB config messages change. pegasus update
- digiboard driver update. Yes, people, it's still being used.
- make elvtune not break any more now that "maxbomb" isn't used.
- sparc updates
- tunneling driver, aka "ethertap done right".
- pcmcia/cs.c: only call the reset handle if valid.
- net/sunrpc/sched.c: fix two rpc_wait_queue hangups
- AMD Duron cpuid errata forward port
- get_close_on_exec() only needs the read lock, not write lock
- get rid of unnecessary kernel lock in fork()
- MCA planar POS-register /proc support
- drivers/media configuration fixup (menuconfig is happy again)
Some of the products that appear on this site are from companies from which QuinStreet receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site including, for example, the order in which they appear. QuinStreet does not include all companies or all types of products available in the marketplace.