Smart Partner: Can Caldera Win SCO Resellers?
Aug 29, 2000, 16:44 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Ben Elgin)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"Execs at Caldera Systems have been rolling out the red
carpet to SCO integrators with mixed success for more than two
years. But now, after buying a big chunk of the beleaguered Unix
vendor, Caldera may have a pitch they can't refuse."
"Still, there's no guarantee that SCO's integrators will jump
into bed with Caldera. After all, many SCO integrators have been
working for years with multiple Linux partners--including Red Hat
"Some SCO partners are willing to give Caldera a look. "This
merger will give Caldera more credibility than Red Hat or Suse,"
says Glenn Jacobson, CEO of Unique Systems, a Unix and Linux
integrator that works with SCO, Caldera, Red Hat and SuSE."
- The Register: Caldera hints at Java-like UnixWare license(Aug 28, 2000)
- Linux Magazine: Straight Outta Compton - Caldera and SCO: Two Playmakers, One Powerhouse?(Aug 27, 2000)
- Linux Journal: Ransom Love's Secret [Caldera] Master Plan for Linux and UNIX(Aug 24, 2000)
- NetworkWorld: Caldera's big move(Aug 23, 2000)
- CNET Investor: Linux firm Caldera reports loss(Aug 23, 2000)
- ZDNet UK: SCO customers need not fear, says Caldera chief(Aug 22, 2000)
- The Register: Scaldera vows a better Linux than Linux(Aug 22, 2000)
- The Register: Caldera's Love rails at Monterey 'misinformation'(Aug 22, 2000)
- Smart Partner: Not So Fast! IBM's Monterey Shambles On - For Caldera/SCO(Aug 21, 2000)
- CNET News.com: Caldera CEO says Unix buy will help Linux adoption(Aug 17, 2000)
- CRN: Caldera Brings Systems Management to Linux(Aug 11, 2000)
- The Register: IDC pricks SCO-Caldera bubble(Aug 11, 2000)